Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

How easy is this to install?

Quote Reply
How easy is this to install?
I have a heavily modded inks SQL. Can I install this easily, without danger to the Links SQL data? This (and the Forum) will use the same database, right?
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] How easy is this to install? In reply to
As a continuation of this....does this, Links SQl and the forum all use the same databae or do I need 2 databases? Or 3?
Quote Reply
Hi,

It's as easy as any of our scripts to install. Run the install.cgi which will set everything up. All our products can work in the same database, you don't need multiple.

Once installed, you need to import your users into Community, and then add the Links SQL application into Community. Once setup, you just install the Auth_Community plugin into Links SQL, and then all your users will be sent to community for logging in.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] How easy is this to install? In reply to
wow......

My database is running large right now....can the forum use a seperate database?

And last question. My Links SQL is already up and running....do I install community than forum or visa versa or does it matter?

Last edited by:

rayhne: Jul 8, 2004, 12:52 PM
Quote Reply
Quote:
My database is running large right now....can the forum use a seperate database?

Sure. We have UltraNerds running on seperate databases, along with GComm :)

Quote:

Just install GComm, and then install the Gossamer_Community plugin (Plugins > Download > List All), and set it up from there. Should be that simple :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!