Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Import Error?

Quote Reply
Import Error?
I am trying to import users from GLinks into Community. Everything appears to go okay, except that when I get to the final stage of the import, I get the following.

Users were imported successfully.
    Imported: 0 user(s)
    Declined: 67 user(s)
    As you might imagine, no users are imported.
    Any ideas?

Quote Reply
Re: [Jobu] Import Error? In reply to
Is This Thread any help?
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Import Error? In reply to
In Reply To:
Is This Thread any help?

Hi MJB,

Apologies for my ignorance, but I'm not sure if that thread helps or not -- what would you suggest I try, specifically?

As I'm sure you can appreciate, I don't want to risk screwing up my current Links user database, so I'm trying to be careful!
Quote Reply
Is there an error report somewhere after you've tried to import. It might say something like "The column 'Signup IP' must not be left blank".
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Is there an error report somewhere after you've tried to import. It might say something like "The column 'Signup IP' must not be left blank".

None. Even with debugging enabled.

When I attempt to import the users, a status bar quickly flashes on screen going from 0% to 100%, then I get the following display, and that is it.

Users were imported successfully.
Imported: 0 user(s)
Declined: 67 user(s)

Thanks for the help!
Quote Reply
OK, I've just tried it with my installation and after import the bottom line reads:

The declined users were saved to private/tmp/error_import

You need to find that file on your server. It will be in /cgi-bin/(your community private directory)/temp

Open error_import file and you should see a list of usernames with the failure reason in brackets.

eg: username <username@email.net> - [ Duplicate ]
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
OK, I've just tried it with my installation and after import the bottom line reads:

You need to find that file on your server. It will be in /cgi-bin/(your community private directory)/temp

Open error_import file and you should see a list of usernames with the failure reason in brackets.

Odd. I do not have a "tmp" or "Temp" folder in my community/private folder. Within community/private, I have defs, fonts, lib, Plugins, templates, tools (all folders) and the files checksums.dat and community.conf.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:

So this was indeed the error... thanks!