Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Lost admin password

Quote Reply
Lost admin password
My customer has a problem with community. He has lost or forgotton his admin password. I have been through all the files and see it is encrypted. How can I retrieve or set up the new admin password for community? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: [davis] Lost admin password In reply to
Hi

Method1.
  1. Backup your community.conf
  2. Replace the encrypted Password in community.conf with
    ck8979J4DPSkQ and Save the file.
  3. Access Yr Admin Account with your Admin Username and Password : temp999
  4. Change the Admin Password after logging in and do not forget this time Smile

The other two methods would be as follows:

Method 2.

Get your community user who is willing to Tell You his/her Password and then do the above with his/her encrypted password string.

Method 3.

Worst case: reinstall community (after backing up the templates etc) w/o overwriting the tables during setup.

Smile

Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Aug 4, 2004, 7:25 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Lost admin password In reply to
Never thought of that method .. thanks for sharing that Smile

There must be a built in feature though? Definatly something I can see people needing in the future. Even if its just a script you run via SSH, with something like;

perl /full/path/to/comm/lib/script.cgi --reset-password

... or something.

GT? Angelic

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Lost admin password In reply to
Hi.

Yep there should be a way of reseting the admin passwd and now that you have brought this issue up i am sure that it would be a part of future version of Gcom ... till then encrypted temp999 is the key Wink

I tried to maintain a repsonse time of 5 minutes after getting the pm... Smilethough my queries on GCom are almost lost :/

Thanks
Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Lost admin password In reply to
Quote:
I tried to maintain a repsonse time of 5 minutes after getting the pm... though my queries on GCom are almost lost :/

I got a PM too ... but didn't know the answer Frown (before anyone says anything; I post a lot of replys/threads, but I don't know everything :p).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!