Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Manual
Is there a manual for this? (me like manuals....)
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] Manual In reply to
Not as far as I know Unsure

Its quite a tricky install to do (first time), but once you understand how it works, you can setup GComm on another site in literally 20-30 mins.

Basically;

+ Download GComm.
+ Upload the install.cgi and install.dat files to your folder that you want to use for community (i.e cgi-bin/comm)
+ Run install.cgi, which will install GComm.
+ Looks for the Auth_Community.tar plugin, which can is different for LSQL/GForum/DBManSQL, etc). I can't remember exactly where they are though :(
+ Then, setup your keywords in GComm (and LinksSQL, or whatever you are trying to get GComm working with)
+ Thats pretty much it.

Its not documentation ... but hopefully that will give you a little guide on how to set it up :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [rayhne] Manual In reply to
Hi.

Adding to the above by Andy (and a point which is often coming to forefront after doing installation, painfully importing etc only to take a u turn back):

Ensure that the GT Apps (GM/GF/LSQL etc) which you plan to integrate to GC, are all sitting on the same domain or subdomain of the same domain. If not GC would not work for the GT Apps which are on a different domain.

Hope this finds place in README so that before taking up installation the user has the Pre-Req's clearly understoood.

Thanks
Anup