Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Password for GMail encrypted

Quote Reply
Password for GMail encrypted
Hi,

I seem to have an issue with the password in gossamer community that when used to log-on to the mail server in Gossamer Mail is in it's encrypted form rather the unencrypted format and therefore creates an error when you try to log on error on password. I then have to go in a rewrite the password through the Gmail admin panel to see it appear in a normal format.

Is it me doing something wrong ?

Thanks, John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Password for GMail encrypted In reply to
Hi,

If you need unencrypted passwords (which should only be if you are using Gossamer Mail in individual mode), you need to turn that option on in Community. Right now, it's only available via editing the conf file. Change system_store_clear_pass to 1 and Community will store a clear version of the password that Gossamer Mail will get and can use to authenticate off a pop box.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Password for GMail encrypted In reply to
Hi Alex

Yes I set-up in individual mode and am having a few issues at the moment.
1) the encrypted passwords. 2) Mails don't dissapear from trash on logout even though this option is selected 3) The system doesn't check for mail when you log-on (option selected).

I'll go for the solution you stated above for the first problem and post a message in GMail for the other problems.

Thanks, John
Significant Media