Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Possible Bug

Quote Reply
Possible Bug
Im not sure if this is a bug or its because i haven’t set things up correctly. As there is not documentation yet i cant check.

I have registered links sql as an application in community. I had to enable the application manually for the user. (Should it not enable automatically) When I add a user in community it creates the same user record in linkssql. But there is not password stored. The password field is blank. (which maybe is normal) Anyway if i log into community as this user i still cant access links sql. and obviously i cant login to linkssql as the the user as there is no password for the user stored in the links sql database only in the community one.

Am i making some error or is this a bug. I am assuming that once i log into community that my session is authenticated and i should not be asked to log in links sql again but this is not the case. I get asked for my user.

Cat
Quote Reply
Re: [catlovette] Possible Bug In reply to
Quote:
The password field is blank. (which maybe is normal)
I also noticed this, and my first though was, that it is a bug, but if you think further on it, it should be not bug, since all validation data is stored in GCommunity.

Catlovette: While GComm is installed correctly, LSQL added as app, and LSQL auth plugin is installed, the fact that password is blank for LSQL users, should not affect login procedure, should work fine, since all is done through GComm app.

But... Now comes the but. Wink
But if we think further on it, I have a worry about it, in the case when LSQL auth plugin is uninstalled, those created users will be not available for login directly through LSQL, since they have no password value stored. Should have the same value as the user passwords in the comm_users table...

Alex?
Was that intentional for testing purose while the beta version is out, or it is a bug?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Feb 6, 2003, 8:58 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Possible Bug In reply to
I do not have the 'LSQL auth plugin'. I didnt know i needed an extra plugin. Also i cant find where i download it from. What is 'LSQL auth plugin'

Cat Lovette
Quote Reply
Khm.
Sorry. I was not clear enough.
The GCommunity app, also installs the plugin for each app you add into GComm.
Go to Links SQL/Plugins/Plugin Manager/ and look for plugin name: Auth_Community.

Sorry for misleading plugin naming habit I used. Angelic
Plugin name is correctly Auth_Community plugin and not LSQL auth plugin.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Possible Bug In reply to
I dont have Auth_Community in my Links SQL/Plugins/Plugin Manager/ !

Cat
Quote Reply
It's in

private/Plugins/Links/

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Possible Bug In reply to
Yes, yogi is right. In case plugin was not installed automatically, you will need to do following:
- copy Auth_Community.tar from gcomm/private/Plugins/Links/ to /lsql/admin/Plugins/Uninstalled/
Then the plugin will be appear on the admin interface I mentined, so you can install it.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support