Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Setting up..

Quote Reply
Setting up..
I've just managed to find some time to play with the community plugin :) I'm having a bit of a problem setting it up though;

Unable to install plugin: 'Unable to find Gossamer Community configuration at: '/home/bn/bnsearch.com/cgi-bin/portal/admin/community.conf'. Please double check the path.'

What am I doing wrong? I did a search, but can't seem to find the community.conf file. Where *should* it be located?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Setting up.. In reply to
Hi Andy!

You *might* have a bit of a set-up problem. I notice the path it is looking in is in "admin". That is where older GT products put stuff like this. The "new" way is to put these in a directory called "private"... that is where mine is!

BTW, it is possible to put this "private" directory ABOVE your web root... in your instance, you could make it "/home/bn/private" so no one can get to it but you. Pretty cool for security. There is another thraed here about that- worth looking up!
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Setting up.. In reply to
Hi,

community.conf should be located in the 'private' directory for Gossamer Community, not in the application you are adding the plugin for.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.