Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Suggestion: Add a visual "field-link" editor

Quote Reply
Suggestion: Add a visual "field-link" editor
Hi Alex!

Just a suggestion. It would be nice to have some sort of "patch-bay" or whatever to link field "x" in GT Comm to field "y" in Links or Forum or whatever. Once you import the users into GTComm, I have not found a way to point any fields to their companion ones in the apps. (Maybe I missed it- if so, let me know)

I have found that after I started playing, I wanted to add a field to GTComm, and have that relate to something in both Forum and Links.

And, since I am wishing here, it would be nice to have the option of a "translater" to insert between GTComm data and Links... say, for instance, I want to link Join Date in Comm, to a similar field in Links... one is Unix date, the other SQL. A couple "universal Translators" would be really cool! (And the ability to make a translater, so something like 1,2,3 in Links equals Yes, No, Maybe in Comm... something you could line up values in)

And, to contune wishing.... no, I will stop here. I do not know if this is easily workable or anything, but I think it would be nice for those of us that have large, existing databases of Users...
dave

Big Cartoon DataBase
Big Comic Book DataBase