Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Third party software integration strategy

Quote Reply
Third party software integration strategy
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out the best strategy for integrating a third party shopping cart software written in php (x-cart) with a site I already have that uses GForum, and a LinksSQL Database, and GComm. I want it so that only registered GComm users can place orders in via x-cart, and that they control their profile via GComm(I know there is a GoCart plugin for LinksSQL, but x-cart and others like it have many more features).

Here's some questions...

1. Is this a crazy idea?
2. Do I need to write a plugin (or custom code) for x-cart and a plug in for GComm?
3. Am I correct in assuming that when a person registers using the GComm form, they should also be registered into the x-cart user database? And when they are deleted from GComm, they would be deleted from x-cart?
4. Can this process be done in reverse? For example, with x-cart, when a new user wants to purchase a product they may anonomously purchase a product with out registering -- or they are supplied with a username and password field that they can optionally fill out if they want to become a registered user. So in this case, would/could you register a user into GComm from x-cart?
5. How, conceptually speaking would x-cart determine if a user is logged in?
6. Has anybody done anything like this? What is the gateway used to communicate between php & Perl? Any security issues?

A few more specific GComm questions.
1. Does anybody know if and when the GComm API will be done?
2. Any time line on the GComm billing/gateway integration for subscription billing?

Many thanks to all of you who contribute to this forum...

Mike

Last edited by:

dontjinxit: Oct 25, 2004, 12:47 AM