Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Update/Disable User Profile Fields

Quote Reply
Update/Disable User Profile Fields
I was wondering if this is possible?
  1. How to disable any property field, so it won't be able available on the user registration form.
  2. How do I update the "Lost Password Info" question and/or disable it for time being on the web site.

Thanks for the help.

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [NeedScripts.Com] Update/Disable User Profile Fields In reply to
You have to 'hack' the script (not advised). I had to do this for our members area, as some of the extra fieilds (such as products that members could download), was being shown on the signup form.

I don't advise that you do this, as Alex has said he will try to get this into the next version Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Update/Disable User Profile Fields In reply to
hum...

any idea approximately when will the next version be out???

Thanks

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
No idea I'm afraid. I would tell you how to do the change yourself... but I don't remember how I did it Frown (I know it wasn't that easy though).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hum... okay here is what I am looking for.. you tell me what would be the best way to do it, with/without using GT Community.

1) There will be about 10 users fields that users will have to fill out for regisration
2) I also want to give users an option to modify those fields as desired without admin approval. (like users modifying their own profile)
3) When user adds or modifies any listing/s, they will receive an email like current version of Links SQL does.
4) When users adds review they will receive an email, like current version of Links SQL does.

What do you think?

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
Hi,

This option will be in the next release. We are currently tracking down a mod_perl bug, and once that is found it is ready to go.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Update/Disable User Profile Fields In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi,

This option will be in the next release. We are currently tracking down a mod_perl bug, and once that is found it is ready to go.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply :)

Just to confirm, the next release will be having following features, right ?

1) There will be about 10 users fields that users will have to fill out for regisration
2) I also want to give users an option to modify those fields as desired without admin approval. (like users modifying their own profile)
3) When user adds or modifies any listing/s, they will receive an email like current version of Links SQL does.
4) When users adds review they will receive an email, like current version of Links SQL does.
==========================================================================

Also, am wondering, if you had any rough estimate, on how long it might be before the next release it out? 1 week, few weeks or couple of months? along with me, it might help many other.

Thanks for the help.

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Update/Disable User Profile Fields In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi,

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Can you confirm that if this feature is included in the latest release of Links SQL 2.2 or are we talking about next release of GT community?

Thanks for the help.

Vishal

Vishal
Quote Reply
Quote:
Can you confirm that if this feature is included in the latest release of Links SQL 2.2 or are we talking about next release of GT community?

Its about GComm.

LinksSQL already has this feature (kinda). You can set a field as HIDDEN in Database > Links > Properties. This just stops it being visable in the admin panel (i.e system generated fields, which don't need any interaction).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Any idea, when the next version of GT Community might be out?

Vishal
Quote Reply
No idea I'm afraid :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk