Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Waiting for final

Quote Reply
Waiting for final
I'm looking at buying DBMan SQL but not until Community is ready and stable.

Any word on how long this will be? Days, weeks, months? \

Any info would help so I can start getting a time line ready for this project. Thanx
Quote Reply
Re: [Unquick] Waiting for final In reply to
I am in a similar situation, I bought GMail and Gforum, but I don't want to use GMail until I can get Community working to make it a smooth user experience.

I do have GForum running and my users like it.
http://www.ptcruiserclub.org/forums

Mike

----------
Michael J. Challis - CRUZN8R - PT Cruiser Club - http://www.ptcruiserclub.org

http://www.ptcruiserclub.org/forum
Quote Reply
Re: [CRUZN8R] Waiting for final In reply to
Add me to the list of "final wanted" users...
Lets hope that we don't have to wait (another time) several months for that.. Unsure
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)
Quote Reply
Re: [maxpico] Waiting for final In reply to
.... me too still waiting. And i hope soon to hear something from GT ADMIN. Pirate

Antoine
Quote Reply
Re: [antoined] Waiting for final In reply to
We also have a new webproject (Links sql) on hold - waiting for the production site stable community version. Most likely we will buy the multilanguage+newsletter plugins, GT forum and also DBman sql when we have implemented Community. Some people in my company want to go ahead with another link management system instead. I have managed to veto against this for a couple of months now, but not much longer I´m afraid. A hint of the final release date would help a lot!

Thanks!

/Pete
Quote Reply
Re: [Unquick] Waiting for final In reply to
I was in the exact same situation you are. I decided to install the beta in my production enviroment, and boy what a good choice, because the thing is stable as hell, don't know why Gossamer don't release it as it is right now.
Quote Reply
Re: [jaltuve] Waiting for final In reply to
hmm...

I'm interested in the final version,too.

At the moment I'm not sure, if I should install the actual version or not.

It wouldn't make sense, if the final would be out in the next 1-2 month.

Any comments from GT?

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Dec 2, 2003, 10:58 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] Waiting for final In reply to
I think that a comment from GT about the G community is over due!!! with the exact day of release...

I think that GT has also to draw a MAP of things working on and next updates coming (planning).

Cheers

Antoine
Quote Reply
Re: [antoined] Waiting for final In reply to
FWIW: There was the announcement awhile back.

All that remained was "remote logons" and that seems to be the sticking point. Right now, it can only log you in if the applications are running on the same domain. The "demand" is for allowing people to have one logon on several sites (domain names) with different offerings.

I just installed the current version on a new site, with Links SQL, GForum and had no problems. In other words, the current release works, for the features built in. The "final" was supposed to have this extra "big" feature, and that is the problem. It's not an easy thing to make work, since you are trying to bypass all the "security" features built in to the cookie protocols.

I might be wrong, but GT was considering this current release as RC1 (release candidate 1) for official product status, and perhaps if they did that, with the current source tree, it would stop a lot of the grumbling here. Nothing else would change ;) Then add the remote logons feature to the 1.1 version.

GT doesn't rush products out the door, and there are far fewer bugs in any of their "betas" than in most other products' 1.x and 2.x releases! The down side is there are often long gaps between releases and updates.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.