Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

a few questions

Quote Reply
a few questions
Thanks very much for getting community out so we can test and toy with it.

A few questions:

I have imported from a gmail db and the resultant usernames are the email addresses from gmail, whereas, when you simply sign up through the community screen the username is the username. What might I be doing wrong in the import process? I have doublechecked the order of the Import to/from lists and they match. What else should i be doing?

What kind of changes to user_home.html are necessary if I would like a simple link list to be displayed - i.e.
  • Mail
  • Fileman
  • Forum

How do you change the background color of all pages? Can another style sheet be referenced? If so, How?

Thanks,

Bob

.:SEAWEAD:.
Quote Reply
Re: [baidarkabob] a few questions In reply to
A few more things.
I am unable to delete users from the community list.

Still struggling with how to link from the user_home template. Currently i am trying a simple href to the gforum.cgi to login to the forum but even though the user is listed in both community and forum databases the user arrives at the forum with a "you are not logged in" message in the upper left.

Reloading from the community.cgi page is not working when the page contains PostData:
Fatal Error:

GT::CGI::Cookie (16106): Unknown method 'format_date' called at /home/cribob/public_html/community/private/lib/GT/CGI.pm line 374.

Stack Trace:

GT::Base (16106): main::fatal called at GT::Base::_generate_fatal line 694 with arguments
(GT::CGI::Cookie (16106): Unknown method 'format_date' called at /home/cribob/public_html/community/private/lib/GT/CGI.pm line 374.
).
GT::Base (16106): GT::Base::_generate_fatal called at /home/cribob/public_html/community/private/lib/GT/Base.pm line 140 with arguments
(GT::CGI::Cookie, format_date, ).
GT::Base (16106): GT::Base::_AUTOLOAD called at /home/cribob/public_html/community/private/lib/GT/CGI.pm line 374 with arguments
(GT::CGI::Cookie, ).
GT::Base (16106): GT::CGI::header called at /home/cribob/public_html/community/private/lib/Community/Web/User.pm line 184 with arguments
(GT::CGI=HASH(0x80fbd08), -cookie, ARRAY(0x81e18cc)).
GT::Base (16106): Community::Web::User::user_login called at /home/cribob/public_html/community/private/lib/Community/Web/User.pm line 36 with no arguments.
GT::Base (16106): Community::Web::User::process called at community.cgi line 40 with arguments
(user_login).
GT::Base (16106): main::main called at community.cgi line 27 with no arguments.

And when a new user signs up:

Fatal Error:
GT::CGI::Cookie (16133): Unknown method 'format_date' called at /home/cribob/public_html/community/private/lib/GT/CGI.pm line 374.

Stack Trace:
GT::Base (16133): main::fatal called at GT::Base::_generate_fatal line 694 with arguments
(GT::CGI::Cookie (16133): Unknown method 'format_date' called at /home/cribob/public_html/community/private/lib/GT/CGI.pm line 374.
).
GT::Base (16133): GT::Base::_generate_fatal called at /home/cribob/public_html/community/private/lib/GT/Base.pm line 140 with arguments
(GT::CGI::Cookie, format_date, ).
GT::Base (16133): GT::Base::_AUTOLOAD called at /home/cribob/public_html/community/private/lib/GT/CGI.pm line 374 with arguments
(GT::CGI::Cookie, ).
GT::Base (16133): GT::CGI::header called at /home/cribob/public_html/community/private/lib/Community/Web/User.pm line 328 with arguments
(GT::CGI=HASH(0x80fbce4), -cookie, ARRAY(0x85205e0)).
GT::Base (16133): Community::Web::User::user_signup called at /home/cribob/public_html/community/private/lib/Community/Web/User.pm line 37 with no arguments.
GT::Base (16133): Community::Web::User::process called at community.cgi line 40 with arguments
(user_signup).
GT::Base (16133): main::main called at community.cgi line 27 with no arguments.
GT::SQL: Failed to execute query: 'UPDATE comm_users SET WHERE comm_id = ?' Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'WHERE comm_id = '4'' at line 1

Look forward to your help.

bob

Quote Reply
Re: [baidarkabob] a few questions In reply to
Hi,

The format_date is a known problem we are working on (conflicting versions of GT libs).

As for linking, you want to link to gforum.cgi for Gossamer Forum, and webmail.cgi for Gossamer Mail.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] a few questions In reply to
Oh, and Gossamer Forum does have a bug in it (the plugin does) that prevents you from moving between apps. We are working on the next beta.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] a few questions In reply to
Thanks very much.

bob