Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

comm_users.def - comm_apps.def Errors

Quote Reply
comm_users.def - comm_apps.def Errors
I've installed community to be used with LinkSQL and GForum (which themselves are new installs), I can log in fine using my admin username and password to community.

Mod Perl not installed and permissions are set correctly, I have not installed the plugins from LinkSQL or GForum just out of fear.

The following errors occur:

when I click the Users Link in community

The system encountered a fatal error: GT::SQL (7672): File '/home/username/domains/domainname.com/private_html/community/defs/comm_comm_users.def' does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly at /home/username/domains/domainname.com/private_html/community/lib/Community.pm line 505. GT::SQL::error => GT::SQL (7672): File '/home/username/domains/domainname.com/private_html/community/defs/comm_comm_users.def' does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly at /home/username/domains/domainname.com/private_html/community/lib/Community.pm line 505.When I click the Application Link in communityThe system encountered a fatal error: GT::SQL (7962): File '/home/username/domains/domainname.com/private_html/community/defs/comm_comm_apps.def' does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly at /home/username/domains/domainname.com/private_html/community/lib/Community.pm line 505. GT::SQL::error => GT::SQL (7962): File '/home/username/domains/domainname.com/private_html/community/defs/comm_comm_apps.def' does not exist or the permissions are set incorrectly at /home/username/domains/domainname.com/private_html/community/lib/Community.pm line 505.

This is Line 505 from Community.pm

return $_[0]->$method(@_[1..$#_]);

I believe comm_comm_users.def and comm_comm_apps.def should be comm_users.def and comm_apps.def but I cannot find where I can make necessary changes to correct these errors.

Any suggestions?

This maybe a factor: my database is named username_comm and tables have the prefix comm_
I'll create new default Gossamer Community tables in my database and see if that resolves my issue.

Last edited by:

rjwesley: Feb 12, 2005, 4:41 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [rjwesley] comm_users.def - comm_apps.def Errors In reply to
Well it worked.

I removed the prefix comm_ I had used during the database setup.

Problem solved.