Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

community and forum edit profile

Quote Reply
community and forum edit profile
I noticed that not all options were correctly integrated in forum and community.

They are all under Forum-User Profile-Edit Profile.

Example: Change Password does not seem to have any effect. I'm guessing it changes the forum tables password, but not the community password. Would my best bet be to just delete this from the forum edit profile template, or try and make it work?

Example2: I can change my real email address, but it have no effect under community once again. Same goes for the real name field.

Can I edit the other fields? - Home, occupation, location, interests? If I just delete them from the edit profile template, will it have bad effect?

Just trying to get organized...

Thanks,

- Jonathan

Last edited by:

jdgamble: Aug 19, 2006, 1:14 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [jdgamble] community and forum edit profile In reply to
In Reply To:
I noticed that not all options were correctly integrated in forum and community.

Example: Change Password does not seem to have any effect. I'm guessing it changes the forum tables password, but not the community password. Would my best bet be to just delete this from the forum edit profile template, or try and make it work?

Example2: I can change my real email address, but it have no effect under community once again. Same goes for the real name field.

Can I edit the other fields? - Home, occupation, location, interests? If I just delete them from the edit profile template, will it have bad effect?

Thanks,

Good find. I'm setting up our forum now and am going to comment out some of these.
Quote Reply
Are there any resolutions or ideas how to fix this issue?

Igor

In Reply To:

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Applications have the ability to get changes made to Community profile settings, but not the other way around. I guess you could write a plugin to make it go the other way around...

For these columns, I'd recommend you remove them from the template.

Adrian