Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

documentation and third party apps

Quote Reply
documentation and third party apps
I've been testing community on my web site to create personalized content pages for users. So far it was worked pretty well but can't find any documentation so it has been pretty much trial and error. I'm especially looking for docs on how to authenticate or write plugins to usthenticate my other apps through community.

Any guidance would be helpful.

Andre
CCUnet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Re: [ccunet] documentation and third party apps In reply to
Hi Andre,

If your other apps have integrated with a plugin manager like GT plugin manager, it would be easy to do. Then you can create a plugin like the plugins of the Community for LinkSQl, Forum, etc.

But it they don't have any "plugin" feature, we should hard code for these apps. I am integrating GT community with 4 other apps but not yet done :-(

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] documentation and third party apps In reply to
Dat,

What apps are you integrating with community?

Andre
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Re: [ccunet] documentation and third party apps In reply to
They are web chat, image gallery, poems and lyric, and penpal sites. They are both Perl and PHP and of course, they does not have the "plugin" manager :(

Cheers,

Dat

Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] documentation and third party apps In reply to
Its not really that hard. The main thing you have to do is lookup the login cookie, which shouldn't be a problem. I've done a similar project for someone, and it was a lot easier than I was expecting Cool

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] documentation and third party apps In reply to
Yes, just lookup the cookie is not much to do but I have to import users and and update their profiles and some apps are not on the same site :-(

Thanks!

Cheers,

Dat

Blog