Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

importing users

Quote Reply
importing users
after i import users using the import tool from the config file of gmail, i get errors when i try to enable the mail status, that says "Gossamer Mail email address: email@here.org already exists."or if i try to enable the users and use the <%comm_username%> column it creates erros on the next page that saysUser Prototyping Information Some applications need more information in order to enable or create users. For instance, Gossamer Mail needs to know what the users email address should be set to. You can use <%comm_username%> or any other database column during the import, and it will be replaced by the actual value.
StatusUsernameFull NameErrorNot Created 12345@domain.org Borislav Petrov Invalid Gossamer Mail email address: 12345@domain.org@domain.org

this is because the colum field for the username imported into the community is 12345@domain.org and it tacks on the @domain.org again
Quote Reply
Re: [goonz] importing users In reply to
I guess what I should ask is, How should I go about exporting my gmail users into the community so they are enabled.

Why do i get a sessions error whey trying to go from community to gmail?

Once a user logs in to the community profile editor how do i prevent them from changing their webmail address. I dont want this to be an option.
Quote Reply
Re: [goonz] importing users In reply to
Any user that I try to enable to use the application gmail, after importing them from the text file, I get

Gossamer Mail email address: useraddress@ourserver.org already exists.

All I am trying to do is enable the users accounts. Why does it think that this email address already exist?

Last edited by:

goonz: May 29, 2004, 10:46 AM