Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

user fields only visile for administrator

Quote Reply
user fields only visile for administrator
Hi

I have created new fields related to the profile of users.
For some of them I would like them to be invisible for users both in the signup form and the modify profile form, an dvisible only for the administrator. How can I do that?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

vercyb
Quote Reply
Re: [vercyb] user fields only visile for administrator In reply to
The profile form is added through Community::Web::SSI::ssi_profile_form function, so you can not change it easily. You might try to add the html form fields manually into HTML and wrap admin fields into a user condition , but not sure if this will work.

Another solution would be a global which replaces/enhances Community::Web::SSI::ssi_profile_form functionality.

EDIT: If I remember correctly, GT did say, that they are considering adding such feature, to have some fields viewable for admin only.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Mar 25, 2005, 6:24 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [vercyb] user fields only visile for administrator In reply to
Just go to your community admin panel and then from Setup > User Signup look at the signup_restricted_profile field this affects both signup and user profile fields then :)

zaaron

---------
GetLokal Reviews

Last edited by:

zaaron: Mar 25, 2005, 7:03 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [zaaron] user fields only visile for administrator In reply to
Ah, it means this was added already.
I checked it and this feature was added since GComm v1.01 release.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...