Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

user validation with GMail

Quote Reply
user validation with GMail
I have an install of Community with GMail and GForum. Both applications are added, and both have set 'AutoCreate' to yes.

There are a few problems:

1. When a new user signs up, I get the following error:
Code:
Fatal Error:

unable to update user: Invalid Gossamer Mail email address: @ at /path/to/community/private/lib/Community/Web/User.pm line 364

Stack Trace:

GT::Base (23541): Apache::ROOT::perl::community::community_2ecgi::fatal called at /usr/local/ghost/lib/perl/Carp.pm line 119 with arguments
(unable to update user: Invalid Gossamer Mail email address: @ at /path/to/community/private/lib/Community/Web/User.pm line 364
).
GT::Base (23541): Carp::croak called at /path/to/community/private/lib/Community.pm line 396 with arguments
(unable to update user: Invalid Gossamer Mail email address: @).
GT::Base (23541): Community::comm_fatal called at /path/to/community/private/lib/Community/Web/User.pm line 364 with arguments
(unable to update user: Invalid Gossamer Mail email address: @).
GT::Base (23541): Community::Web::User::user_verify called at /path/to/community/private/lib/Community/Web/User.pm line 40 with no arguments.
GT::Base (23541): Community::Web::User::process called at /path/to/perl/community/community.cgi line 40 with arguments
(user_verify).
GT::Base (23541): Apache::ROOT::perl::community::community_2ecgi::main called at /path/to/perl/community/community.cgi line 27 with no arguments.
GT::Base (23541): Apache::ROOT::perl::community::community_2ecgi::handler called at /usr/local/ghost/lib/perl/site_perl/i686-linux/Apache/Registry.pm line 149 with arguments
(Apache=SCALAR(0xa0263c0)).
GT::Base (23541): (eval) called at /usr/local/ghost/lib/perl/site_perl/i686-linux/Apache/Registry.pm line 149 with arguments
GT::Base (23541): Apache::Registry::handler called at /dev/null line 0 with arguments
GT::Base (23541): (eval) called at /dev/null line 0 with arguments

2. Probably related: after validating the user shows up as 'Not Created' for GMail (before validating it was 'Disabled'). The user also shows up as 'Disabled' in the GForum application. I assume that the validation process should automatically enable the user in both applications.

3. After validating the user from the Community admin, the user can log in and use GForum, but when trying to go to GMail (i.e. webmail.cgi), the user is redirected to the community 'where would you like to start' page. This is probably also due to the fact that the user shows up as 'Not Created' for the GMail application. (In fact I just manually set app_GMail to 2, and the user can now log in). So it probably all boils down to the signup validation problem of point 1.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins

Last edited by:

yogi: Jan 29, 2003, 11:25 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] user validation with GMail In reply to
Do you see this error only under mod_perl?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] user validation with GMail In reply to
This is under mod_perl, I have no testing installtion of GMail in CGI mode at the moment.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] user validation with GMail In reply to
I have this same error. I don't use mod_perl.

Mike

----------
Michael J. Challis - CRUZN8R - PT Cruiser Club - http://www.ptcruiserclub.org

http://www.ptcruiserclub.org/forum