Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

[Programming] Login area

Quote Reply
[Programming] Login area
Hello Alex!

I have never been able to use this script. The reason is that is misses something very important.

In the initial login, it does not offer that name of the database and hence it cannot login.

Cookies are also not stored correctly that I could login.

Even if I jump from Links SQL or GMail, it picks up the name of the database, and offers all the work of display. But thats it.

It does not allow to use SQL MOnitor and Import/Exports. It always gives

Access deneid using passowrd yes and offers a login where one could see the name of the host and the suer name already inserted in. After entering the password it is further not able to login and gives the same error.

I took a long time to figureout that the name of the database is missing and hence the error.

Rajani
Quote Reply
Re: [Programming] Login area In reply to
In Reply To:
In the initial login, it does not offer that name of the database and hence it cannot login.
I'm afraid that's not true. You only need the host/username/password to be able to login to mysql - this is the case from both the MySQLMan login page and from telnet/shell also - the database name is not required.

You are either entering the wrong information or your host has a weird setup.

I don't believe that GT ever claimed that MySQLMan cookies worked with the other scripts either - they use different cookies. You can login to MySQLMan from Links SQL admin by passing the correct values into mysql.cgi

Mods:http://wiredon.net/gt/download.shtml
Installations:http://wiredon.net/gt/
Quote Reply
Hello Paul!

Thanks for your participation.

You obviously know more in this areas than me.

The reason why I came to the idea of missing database name is because it has given an error in the export on the screen.

It says it cannot connect tthe database. The database it located physically on a different server and ofcourse on a shared server, there are hundreds of databases. To which database it shall connect?

From Links SQL and GMail I am able to go to view the table information etc. But the moment I try to export import, it does not work. At the stages when it had to work directly from GT scripts, it works, and hence there is some information that gets missed out in the area of export and import. The only thing I could imagine id the name of the database.

Even in the Telnet, I have to first specify the name of the database. You may not have to because it is physically on the same server and you may work with a deamon MySQL already started on your server. However, in my case, I have to login into a webserver, and then connect to a MySQL server with four parameters, servername, database name, username and password. The database name has to be selected. I did this before a year ago, and never needed since then, the day I discovered PhpmyAdmin.

Phpadmin also specifys the name of the database in the config.inc!!! Why should not MySQLMan??? Hence I can to this idea, but I could be WRONG!!!

Thanks for your reaction, BTW.

Rajani
Quote Reply
Take another look at the config file. You can specify a database to login to just like PhpmyAdmin on connecting, thus bypassing the login screen.

From the mysql.cfg:
"Mysqlman allows user to skip the login page and connect to a database directly."

Quote Reply
Hello!

Sounds good. Will give a try.

Since I do not like to enter the script editing area any more, I failed to have a look.

Thanks for the hint.

Rajani