Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

403 forbidden error?

Quote Reply
403 forbidden error?
I configured all the variables in the cfg file, and put it all up in the directories specified, in my CGI-bin. First, I got an error because database.html wasn't found in the same directory as the Mysql.cgi, (it was in the templates directory below mysql.cgi) so I made duplicate files of all the htmls, and put everything in the main directory alongside the main CGI, as well as in the directory specified in the readme.

Now when I call the script, I get an html screen with a normal header, followed by a list of all the databases my host maintains. (I am virtually hosted, and the host supplys the mysql database) My database is in there, but if I click on any link, I get the 403 forbidden error, telling me I "do not have permission to access CGI-bin/mysqlman from this server". This even happens if I click login, create, Top, etc. What makes it wierd is that is the directory for my program, not the database, and theoretically, the program is telling itself it can't access itself from it's own server? It seemed to be the same type of error I would get trying to access any file in ym CGI-bin, so I htought maybe the html's were not able to be read if they were in the cgi-bin.

So I moved all the HTML templates and help pages to a directory outside the cgi-bin, along with the two jpgs, redid the two html files to point to the jpg's, altered the paths to the help and template directories in the cfg file, but that didn't change anything, and I am still getting the same 403 error.

I am guessing this is just a dumb configuration thing I screwed up, so I apologize in advance if this was a stupid error, but I have tried changing everything, but nothing works.

I have configured and installed many CGI scripts, so I know to put everything in ASCII, and have experience with paths vs Urls, chmods and a lot of the other stuff that is involved in this, but this has me stumped. And my host's position is they don't support outside scripts, so here I am.

Any new ideas anyone can contribute would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: 403 forbidden error? In reply to
try moving your templates folder out of the cgi-bin/mysql folder and then edit the mysql.cfg to reference your new templates folder.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Re: 403 forbidden error? In reply to
Thanks Eliot. I did that, but things are still mssed up. I loaded a fresh config file, just in case something got corrupted.

So then, I wound up with the error page saying the Database.html file could not be found, though it showed a path beginning with a period. Turns out the GT/template program was throwing a period before the path for some reason. I found the period in quotes after the word "root". and wiped it, which allowed the table of databases to show up, but now I lost my header, despite putting the file in every directory. Not sure why, or where the program is looking for it, but the top of the page just says "Can't load included file: '/header.txt' (No such file or directory) ".

Anyway, now when I click on my database, I no longer get the 403, the program tells me MYSQL is denying me access, and then I get the form to enter my host, username and pass. I do that, get sent to a screen which tells me they have been stored, then I get automatically bumped to the table of databases again, where if I click on my database I get the runaround all over again.

If anybody knows a shortcut to get my header going again (it is already in the directory right next to the database.html), I'd be greatful, but if not, I'll just keep plugging away, probably starting with a fresh reinstall.

Thanks again, Eliot for the help.