Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

CGI ERROR

Quote Reply
CGI ERROR
Hi,

I get the following error when trying to run mysql.cgi:

Error Message : Error loading required libraries.
Check that they exist, permissions are set correctly and that they compile.
Reason: Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/sites/site172/web/cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at /home/sites/site172/web/cgi-bin/mysql.cgi line 59.

My administrator says that I need to set the include for this to include the following:

/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/DBD/mysql.pm

Can some one explain to me what exactly I need to do.

Thank you

Quote Reply
Re: CGI ERROR In reply to
change the $script_path in mysql.cgi and mysql.cfg to the one you got from your admin... and remove the "#" from the begining

Quote Reply
Try setting the path as in the last message.

Let us know if it works. It's a big help to find out how often any fix works!

If that doesn't work, you'll have to 'unshift' the additional library onto the @INC stack, but let's not go there if we don't have to :)

http://www.postcards.com
FAQ: http://www.postcards.com/FAQ/LinkSQL/

Quote Reply
I had a similiar error and discovered one of thhe files that are required to exist in the same directory as the script was absent, worked fine after I uploaded it.

When you unzip the the MySQLMAN package it should create a directory structure that you should transfer AS IS to you cgibin. That way everything should be intact.

George

Quote Reply
It sounds like DBD::mysql module is not installed properly. If it is installed properly, it should already be in perl's default library paths. There is no reason to add it in manually (unless you installed the module locally, but from the path it doesn't look like you did).

I would tell your ISP to double check their installation of DBD::mysql. You should be able to type:

perl -MDBD::mysql -e 'print "ok\n"'

at the shell prompt and have it print ok.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.