Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

Can't Login: Login failed. Please enter another...

Quote Reply
Can't Login: Login failed. Please enter another...
Trying to install MySQLMan

All i get is the message:
Login failed. Please enter another hostname/username/password.

my cfg:
direct_connect => '1',
direct_db => 'mysql',
direct_host => 'localhost',
direct_port => '',
direct_user => 'root',
direct_pass => '',

Sometimes, i get the message:

Host name/User name/Password Stored.
You should be transferred to the page you were at automatically. If not please click "Back" to go back.

But after, i get:

Permission to perform action denied!
MySQL Said: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)
Please enter your user name and password

Any Clues? I'm stucked at login information

Quote Reply
Re: Can't Login: Login failed. Please enter another... In reply to
Hi,

Are you sure you have the right login information? Can you login in from telnet/shell using that information?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi

A common problem I found with this is that you should find out an actual IP address or machine name isntead of just using localhost.

A lot of major hosting companies have a seperate machine apart from their web server to host databases and backend applications.

Therefore, if the MySQL database is not on the same machine, you will not be able to use hostname -- you will have to enter a specific IP address.

Last edited by:

Wil: Mar 10, 2005, 4:56 AM
Quote Reply
I am getting the same problems with mysqlman 1.07. I am on a dedicated server with the mysql daemon on the same server. Also if I use my old version of mysqlman (1.04) it works. Normal login is localhost root password. This works on 1.04 but not 1.07.

Quote Reply
The problem may be that your ISP is running multiple mySQL servers and does not have your account set up to access the mySQL Daemon. Remember that your mySQL username and password have nothing to do with your UNIX or Windows username and password. This is totally separate. If you can see the list of Databases on your server then the script is working. To test, login (I am running Linux) with Telnet and type mysql -u mysql where -u is your username. If it give you the access denied error, then you know that you need to contact your ISP.

Quote Reply
May be a dump question!
I have a same problem. MysqlMan is written in perl Alex said, but dose it work on vertual web hosting plan? My server dose not support Mysql database nor sql access.
If not, is there any to make it run???

Thank you in advance.

Kimmer

Quote Reply
It does work with virtual web hosting accounts...but you must have MySQL installed...if you do not have access to it, then you cannot use this product.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
If you know you don't have MySQL installed on your server then why are you even trying to use MySQLMan ?

Paul Wilson.
Installations:
http://www.wiredon.net/gt/