Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

In search of tools, utilities, tutorials ...

Quote Reply
In search of tools, utilities, tutorials ...
Moving on to the next level with MySQLMan and MySQL...

I have had MySQLMan working for about a month. It has allowed me to quickly populate databases with 1,000's of records. Now I need to move on "to the next level" of being able to do things like set a field to allow only certain values (the "SET" statement empowered with allowed entries), to present the data to the user in a GUI format (must I learn GTK+ or Qt to accomplish this?), to manipulate data so that it is entered only once but can be displayed in multiple tables based on key values (if this is a "JOIN" statement is this supported within MySQLMan?).

Anyhow, I'm ready to go to the "next level". Can somebody beam me up? Or at least point me to a good book for using Perl with MySQL, or advanced tools? A tutorial on using DBI with a Perl front end might be good, but I'd like to remain above ground wherever possible. Blush

Finally, what is DBMan? Maybe this is the type of utility set which I am seeking? TIA,

Andrew C Lietzow - The ACL Group, Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [alietzow] In search of tools, utilities, tutorials ... In reply to
With regards to the DBMAN application, look in the DBMAN product page in this web site. It's basically a DB (database) management tool that will allow administrators to manage the database and also allow the general public to view records.

Rather than expending energy, time, money, and other additional resources, you should consider purchasing a license for DBMAN SQL.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me