Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

Intall

Quote Reply
Intall
Hi i'm having problems running the mysql.cgi file i get the following error page:

Error loading required libraries

Reason: Can't locate GT/CGI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /path/to/MySQLMan /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at mysql.cgi line 3181.

1. Please check if the file is in MySQLMan directory, permission is set correctly, and that it compiles.

2. If the file exists in the folder, then check if the path to MySQLMan folder is in @INC.
If @INC does not contain the path then add
use lib '/path/to/MySQLMan';
to the beginning of mysql.cgi.

Please refer the comments in mysql.cgi for detail.

3. Please check if the file was uploaded in ASCII mode (instead of BINARY mode).

i checked the permissions all the subs are set to 755 the files to 644 and the mysql.cgi to 755... i also checked the path.. the files are there....please help
Thanks,
Joe

Quote Reply
Re: Intall In reply to
Add use lib '/path/to/mysqlman'; at the top of the mysql.cgi script.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
i add use lib '/path/to/mysqlman'; and i'm still getting the same error ...do i have to change
use lib '/path/to/mysqlman'; to /cgi-bin/mysqlman/?
i tried that too

Quote Reply
YES...you use your local ABSOLUTE PATH between ''. I simply used /path/to/ as an example.

And you would use something like:

Code:

use lib '/ABSOLUTE/PATH/ACCOUNT/cgi-bin/mysqlman';

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
ok i tried changing it to
/home/jumpglobal/www/cgi-bin/mysqlman/GT/CGI.pm
/home/jumpglobal/www/cgi-bin/mysqlman/
/home/jumpglobal/www/cgi-bin/mysqlman/GT/
still keep on getting the same error and the wierd thing is before i used to get the 500 error when i compiled the files i used to the the content-type and a fualt error on the bottom

Quote Reply
for some reason now i'm getting
Set-Cookie: MySQLMan_url=mysql.cgi; path=/
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 06:58:55 GMT
Content-type: text/html

Segmentation fault
when i do ./mysql.cgi

Quote Reply
i did a couple of tests and i noticed that the fualt happend when i do a chmod to the GT and i change it to 755 and i put it back to 644 i get the first error

Quote Reply
well after i tried to get it to work on this server i transfered all teh files to another server running apache
the login page came up but i cant login it it's not accepting the password or login.....So i'm stuck again
Please someone help

Quote Reply
I'd sure like it if someone could reply to joey0208's problem. I have exactly the same
symptoms, and have tried the same things. I have not idea what's wrong.

Kent

Quote Reply
Show us what you have at the top of mysql.cgi

Paul Wilson.
http://www.wiredon.net/gt/
http://www.perlmad.com/
Quote Reply
I have the use lib path set to:
use lib '/home/account/www/cgi-bin/mysqlman';

perl is set to the correct location

I should mention that I have verified the permissions on all the files, and triple-checked the url and path statements.

Is it possible that the documentation doesn't mention some assumed configuration or files present that I'm missing?

Do I need to verify that a particular perl module is installed? [I don't know how to do that!]

Quote Reply
I have the same problem and have verified all permission all paths.
There are two files missing from the download that are referenced in the readme file:
GT_Base.pl and GT_Template
I have added the following line to the top of mysql.cgi, no help:
use lib '/the/correct/path/to/mysqlman';

Quote Reply
"segmentation fault" means you are trying to do something you don't have permission to do. Make sure the database you're trying to use is set up properly and that you are using the correct username and password.

I had the same problem for months, and I finally emailed my host a THIRD time and that's what they said. I had let them set up my first database, but they didn't do something right (I suppose), because when I added a database myself from my web panel, mysqlman started working right away.

--Drew
Free, hot camel soup for Links hackers...
http://www.camelsoup.com
Quote Reply
Your reference to "Segmentation Fault" has shed some light on a problem I am having when trying to do a straight upload to MySQL, yet I can manually connect to MySQL using the same information (sorry this is nothing to do with MySQLMan (which I can't get going either..) but that's another story.