Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

Script or MySQL Config Issue?

Quote Reply
Script or MySQL Config Issue?
Hello everyone.

I have installed the MySQLMan script and it is working on my server. I can create and delete tables in existing databases after logging in. However, when I try to change the properties of a field or add a new field to an existing table I get message saying that "permission is denied" and asking me to log in. Once I log in (which I already am when it asks me to do so) it takes me back to the page where I was trying to modify or add the field and then, if I try to do it again, the same thing happens. I am wondering if this is a problem with the script, or if it is a configuration problem with my host. Do you know any reason that they would allow me to create and delete tables in a database, but not modify the fields in the tables I create? If it is an issue with the permissions that my host has set up, I will email them and ask them to change them, but I wanted to first make sure that this wasn't an issue with the script.

Thanks for all of your help and take care.

Quote Reply
Re: Script or MySQL Config Issue? In reply to
It sounds like it's a permission thing on your server.

I just installed MySQLMan without any problems on a remote virtual server for someone, and the only problem I had was I used the wrong absolute path.

If you are on a shared mysql server, you need to make sure the program has your full userid _AND_ the correct "host" which could be anything from 'localhost' if you are on a dedicated server, to 'bullfrog' if you are on a shared network.

It sounds like the log on you are using doesn't have the permission to do what it's trying to do to the database.

Also, are you using the most current download version? Some fixes were made that affected some installations.

Quote Reply
Re: Script or MySQL Config Issue? In reply to
Thank you PugDog. I will check with my server admin to find out if I have the correct permissions to ALTER TABLE - which is probably the command that it is saying I don't have the permission to execute. I am using the lastest version, so it probably is on my end.

I appreciate your comments and I will put them to good use!