Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

Security Issue Again! --> Copying My Database!

Quote Reply
Security Issue Again! --> Copying My Database!
I don't know if this is appropriate or not to post in this forum...but I have just realized that someone hosted by Web2010 has copied my whole Links database. I am assuming that this person is using MySQLMan or another Web Emulerator program.

This concerns me greatly...I have posted inquiries in this forum, I have researched the MySQL documentation, and I have contacted my hosting company about this issue.

Is there anything that I can do to prevent this from happening in the future? It deeply troubles me that other users can access my tables as I can access theirs and basically wipe out or corrupt my databases.

If you are the person who copied my database via MySQLMan, be aware that I have contacted Web2010 about your actions, which are unethical and unprofessional...copying licensed databases for your own purposes is inappropriate.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Re: Security Issue Again! --> Copying My Database! In reply to
Welp...after three months of sending requests, my hosting company finally made some changes in the MySQL configurations. Now, I get an access denied when trying to access other user's tables and databases. But they now have inadvertantly deleted permissions to the other databases I created. UGH! That is another issue I need to resolve with them.

Anyway...disregard my post...unless you would like to comment on security issues you have confronted with MySQL with using MySQLMan.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I don't know if this is appropriate or not to post in this forum...but I have just realized that someone hosted by Web2010 has copied my whole Links database. I am assuming that this person is using MySQLMan or another Web Emulerator program.
Actually, you're right - as you are so quick to point out in ALL the other forums THIS has nothing to do with MySqlMan but rather your less than adequate host provider which in fact you have recommended to users of this forum many times before! Get a clue and change to a more secure and adequate provider.

easy does it
Quote Reply
Thanks for the response...although poorly stated. Mad

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks for the response...although poorly stated.
Hmmm....poorly stated...hmmm...coming from you that means absolutely nothing.

easy does it
Quote Reply
And actually your advice means the same to me....Mad.

Regards,

Eliot Lee