Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

error screen on install

Quote Reply
error screen on install
I get the following : I've tried some of the changes I found throughout this forum, and got various errors, but now I'm at least to an error screen that is actually part of the script html rather than a text fata error page....the error I get is as follows :

Error loading required libraries

Reason: [Sun Nov 5 13:00:31 2000] mysql.cgi: syntax error at /home/planet2/planetjumper-www/cgi-bin/mysqlman/mysql.cfg line 50, near "$script_path "./templates""

1. Please check if the file is in MySQLMan directory, permission is set correctly, and that it compiles.

2. If the file exists in the folder, then check if the path to MySQLMan folder is in @INC.
If @INC does not contain the path then add
use lib '/path/to/mysqlman';
to the beginning of mysql.cgi.

Please refer the comments in mysql.cgi for detail.

3. Please check if the file was uploaded in ASCII mode (instead of BINARY mode).

then i took out the . before / on both and got the following error :

Error loading required libraries

Reason: [Sun Nov 5 13:22:33 2000] mysql.cgi: syntax error at /home/planet2/planetjumper-www/cgi-bin/mysqlman/mysql.cfg line 52, near "$script_path "/templates""

1. Please check if the file is in MySQLMan directory, permission is set correctly, and that it compiles.

2. If the file exists in the folder, then check if the path to MySQLMan folder is in @INC.
If @INC does not contain the path then add
use lib '/path/to/mysqlman';
to the beginning of mysql.cgi.

Please refer the comments in mysql.cgi for detail.

3. Please check if the file was uploaded in ASCII mode (instead of BINARY mode).

I know everything is in correct mode and correct permissions. the /templates and /help directories are sub-directories of /mysqlman

Suggestions?

Quote Reply
Re: error screen on install In reply to
Ok, I played around and got that error fixed by changing
$script_path "/templates";
$script_path "/help";

to :

"/home/planet2/planetjumper-www/cgi-bin/mysqlman/templates";
"/home/planet2/planetjumper-www/cgi-bin/mysqlman/help";

and got rid of the $script_path altogether

so now I have the login screen appearing....hopefully, it will be smooth sailing from here...crossing fingers....

Quote Reply
ok, but now it's not letting me log in...mysql is installed on my host's server for me, but they don't offer a very good method of managing it, therefore I want to use this program...i'm using localhost as instructed on my server's help manual and username and password are correct...is there somewhere in the script to define the path to mysql on my server??

why won't it log me in?

Quote Reply
I get the following error when trying to create database :

Permission to perform action denied.

My host only allows one database with unlimited tables. my host named the database : planetjumper_net

now, how do I access that from this script?

Quote Reply
Did you try to ADD a Database RATHER than a TABLE? If so, that is the response you will receive since you are NOT allowed to ADD additional databases.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I can't get to anything...now it's telling me that my username and password are wrong...where do I add a table? I don't think I even got far enough into the system to have add a table be an option....

This is my server's path to mysql :

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql

does this script automatically know this all by itself?

for the following :

direct_db => 'mysql',

should it always be left as that, or should it be :
direct_db => '/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql',

thanks for your help! :-)

Quote Reply
ok, i changed the direct_db back to just plain 'mysql';

then tried to log in and got the following :

Host name/User name/Password Stored.
You should be transferred to the page you were at automatically. If not please click "Back" to go back.

but then when I try to do something else, I get sent right back to the login screen. i'm stumped.

Quote Reply
Make sure that you are logging in using localhost in the hostname field. Also, your hosting company may not have properly configured your MYSQL access. Contact them and ask them to sort it out.

Regards,

Eliot Lee