Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

login Failed

Quote Reply
login Failed
I habe installed MySQLMan with direct-login and all settings I use in MyAdmin, but it diesn't work, when accessing mysql.cgi, I get the login screen, if I enter my values manually, I get only:

Login failed. Please enter another hostname/username/password.

Regards, Chris

Quote Reply
Re: login Failed In reply to
Please permit me to tag along here - I've been through the threads and the FAQs and am still having a login problem.

First, I can get to the mySQL database via telnet just fine.

Second, the mySQL server is not within my space on the hosting service I use (Hostways), but the mySQL server equates to mysql.myDomain.com - the host name that I use when logging in via telnet.

Third, I get the "Connection to MySQL failed. The hostname may be different or the server may be down. Please enter a new hostname and try again." message when I try to log in. I am able to enter the login data and get the "cookie is stored" message - you'll be returned to the screen you were on or hit 'back' " message.

Fourth, I've got the "1" set in the config file for direct connect, so I suspect that I get tossed to the login screen when the direct connect fails.

Fifth, ALL the mySQLMan files are in a directory (named mysqlman) in the cgi-bin subdirectory on the web site that is associated with www.myDomain.com

Summary: I've verified before and after my attempts to log in via MySQLMan that the mySQL server is running. I'm using the name of the mySQL server and the login name and the password that works when telnetting into the server.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Bob

Quote Reply
Re: login Failed In reply to
May I have the envelope for dummy of the year?

...and the winner is yours truly.

The problem was that I (incorrectly) read the comments in the config file as meaning "1" = direct login, whereas "0" is what I needed.

Hope I didn't send anyone off scratching his or her head - problem's solved.

Regards,

Bob