Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

Debugging on an NT system...

Quote Reply
Debugging on an NT system...
Hi guys/gals,

I don't suppose if anyone knows of a debugging environent, for NT? I've got a script... which runs perfectly via DOS, but as soon as you run it through the site, it gives the error;

Quote:
CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

I know the permissions are ok ... as I've compared it to a working script. Also, this new script works perfectly on another subdomain ... ARGH!

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Debugging on an NT system... In reply to
What about the web server error logs? It should give you a little more info than that. Also check the application system logs. It's located somewhere in the admin tools/menu. Can't remember exactly how to get to it on NT.

If you are sure that you are printing the correct headers than it is usually something to do with the wrong path to perl or improper web server setup. Also, make sure the .pl and .cgi extensions are associated with the Perl binary.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Debugging on an NT system... In reply to
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. All I can find, is D:/IISLogs/www ... which seems to just be actual page requests, rather than the error log.

Any other suggestions? Unsure

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Debugging on an NT system... In reply to
Wahoo... think I've got it :)

I used an eval {} around the init() calls, and it gave me an error abou the /tmp folder not having permission. I updated the permissions, and it now works ... yay!

For anyone else who may need/see this in the future... the eval code looks like;

Code:
eval {
Links::init('d:/inetpub/wwwroot/my.domain.com/submit/admin');
Links::init_user();
};

if ($@) {
print "Content-Type: text/html \n\n";
print "ERROR: $@";
exit;
}

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Debugging on an NT system... In reply to
Any system errors like that would have automatically been written to your error log without the need for eval.