Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Add Record form not posting to db file

Quote Reply
Add Record form not posting to db file
I have successfully converted the default demo to a new dbase with 47 fields. HTML seems to be working OK. I can login and add a record but the data is not being added to the default.db file. Does this file require modification? I have deleted all of the original data. Counter seems to function OK as when I add a record the ID number increases. After adding a record, I get an Added Record form that has all fields, but they are blank. Any ideas..??

Quote Reply
Re: Add Record form not posting to db file In reply to
Make sure that the permission of the default.db file is set to 666 (rw-rw-rw-). (chmod 666 default.db)

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I have been careful to check all permissions during debugging. I did have to upload the cfg file in ascii as my ftp program was sending it in binary. I corrected some errors in the html.pl file that I had made in the html. Also I had commented out (using #) the variables at the very end of the default.cfg file during the debugging and have not changed that. I did not see any info about configuring variables in the readme and as a newbie do not understand these lines. The log file is being updated and the counter file is working, just no data being input to the default.db file. This database is at www.orf.org/dbman/db.cgi

Thanks for replies. Greg

Quote Reply
I removed the #'s in the cfg file where I had commented out the variables at the very end of the file, corrected one spelling error in a field name, and lo and behold the ole database is working. Now I just have to figure out how to add an image/photo to the records and I'm in biz.