Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Apologies about the recent -gt and -lt date searches

Quote Reply
Apologies about the recent -gt and -lt date searches
My apologies about being so dense with the recent discussion about -gt and -lt date searches. I had only tried it on my home computer and it worked fine. Tonight I tried it on my website and it didn't work at all.

The previous code I gave you for finding dates works just fine. The problem is that get_date needs to be changed.

The changes are in bold print:

Code:
my($time) = $_[0];
unless ($time) { $time = time(); }

my ($sec, $min, $hour, $day, $mon, $year, $dweek, $dyear, $daylight) = localtime($time);
my (@months) = qw!Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec!;
($day < 10) and ($day = "0$day");
$year = $year + 1900;

return "$day-$months[$mon]-$year";

Again, I apologize. I should have tried it out on my site before I said anything here.

(A little bit later) This only applies if you're using a version before 2.04 (as I have been using on my site). Version 2.04 has this in it, in better code than mine, but basically the same thing.

------------------
JPD

[This message has been edited by JPDeni (edited February 12, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Apologies about the recent -gt and -lt date searches In reply to
JPDeni

NO APOLOGIES ARE NECESSARY!

You provide so much help to everybody on these forums that I feel like you are a long time friend.

I know I appreciate your help greatly, and have found the advice you give to be great and very usable.

------------------
James A. (Jamie) Dennis
*Certified AIX Administrator
*Certified Solaris Administrator
*Member - SAGE, USENIX
Quote Reply

Quote:
NO APOLOGIES ARE NECESSARY!

You provide so much help to everybody on these forums that I feel like you are a long time friend.

I'll second that! Smile Your help around the forums has been very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
 Smile Thank you both! I feel like we're all old friends, too.

------------------
JPD
Quote Reply
Hey JP I'm not even part this of discussion but I thought I might add my 2 cents and say"NO problem!!!" You've een such a help to me and probably hundreds of others. Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very much.
PS there's probably a communal census on this one.

Cheers and enjoy your Earl Grey.... ever tried Japanese tea?

------------------
Thanks for everything !
Quote Reply
Nah, we should shoot her. Wink LOL
Quote Reply
Norm, there's names for people like you, but I'm too much of a lady to say them!! Wink

jdunes, thank you, too. Gee, it's nice to get so many nice things said about me! Smile

I think I've had just about every type of tea there is. There's just something about a cup of Earl Grey on a rainy morning fixes me right up.

------------------
JPD