Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Browse By:

Quote Reply
Browse By:
Hi,

I don't know if I had asked this before, but I want to accomplish the following.

I want there to be a link to all the Categories, and Companies. This is how I want it to work.

Clicking on Categories will take you to a page DBman will generate. Once in that page, it will list all the Categories available in the database. When clicking on one of the Categories, you will get to all the companies that have this Category in them. When clicking on the Company, you will get the actual search results.

When clicking on Companies you should get something similar, only in reverse. When clicking on Companies, you will get to a page with all the companies available in the database. Clicking on one of the companies will take you to all the categories this company has listed. Clicking on the Category will take you to the actual search results.

I was thinking of accomplishing this with 3 html.pl files. One would be the actual search results, the second one would be the Browse by Categories, and the third will be the browse by Companies.

To me this sounds extremely hard to do, but rumor has it JPdeni, you don't let anyone down, and you always have the right answer.

------------------
JFrost

Quote Reply
Re: Browse By: In reply to
I hestitate to say that anything is impossible, and I don't think this is impossible. However, this is a major modification that would take a lot more than I am able to give you on the forum.

Sorry.

------------------
JPD