Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

CGI Error - Trying to get this set up

Quote Reply
CGI Error - Trying to get this set up
I have read several posts about different things to try including about escaping the slashes and the post on setting up on Windows. I still haven't had any luck. Thought I would see if anyone has any ideas for me here. Here is what I get:

CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

syntax error at d:\html\users\eliteguardsofnorrathcom\html\cgi-bin\eqrdb\db.pl line 42, near "local"BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at d:\html\users\eliteguardsofnorrathcom\html\cgi-bin\eqrdb\db.pl line 1111.

Thanks for looking.

This is a text version of db.pl - www.eliteguardsofnorrath.com\cgi-bin\eqrdb\db_pl.txt
This is a text version of default.cfg - www.eliteguardsofnorrath.com\cgi-bin\eqrdb\default_cfg.txt

Last edited by:

Plirus: Apr 18, 2002, 10:32 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Plirus] CGI Error - Trying to get this set up In reply to
Okay replying to my own inquiry. Some semi-colons got me to where I am now. You can view the error by going to www.eliteguardsofnorrath.com/cgi-bin/eqrdb/db.pl this will generate the error I'm getting.

The text version of db.pl is here - www.eliteguardsofnorrath.com/cgi-bin/eqrdb/db_pl.txt
The text version of default.cfg is here - www.eliteguardsofnorrath.com/cgi-bin/eqrdb/default_cfg.txt

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote:
Reason: Can't locate default.cfg

Two things that probably won't help you any, but you never know...

1. Check your permissions on default.cfg
2. Make sure you have a file named default.cfg in the directory along with all of the other files.
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] CGI Error - Trying to get this set up In reply to
File does exist and permissions are correct.
Quote Reply
I don't know about anyone else, but I get an 404 error when trying to view your files. Perhaps you need to put them outside the cgi-bin.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] CGI Error - Trying to get this set up In reply to
Sorry that would be because I was still actively trying to fix it since I hadn't had many replies. I kept moving and changing stuff. I finally have it all worked out now. You can see my other post for more info.

Thanks