Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Canīt modify the html.pl file without errors

Quote Reply
Canīt modify the html.pl file without errors
The demo database works well and a new database that I have made works except for the fact that every time I change anything in the html.pl file I just get a screen saying:

Error Message : Error loading required libraries.
Check that they exist, permissions are set correctly and that they compile.
Reason: Search pattern not terminated at ./html.pl line 1275.

This happens for the slightest change. It just doesnīt seem to make any sense. I have checked all the permissions.

Quote Reply
Re: Canīt modify the html.pl file without errors In reply to
The error message does mention the line 1275. You might want to check this line in your html.pl file and see if you are missing any of the closing print statements for something that is needed.

If you need someone to look at your script, please save a copy as a .txt file and then provide the url to it's location so we can help you.

Quote Reply
It's definitely a syntax error somewhere, but I can just about guarantee that it is not at line 1275. Smile It's probably much earlier in the script.

JPD
Quote Reply
Thank you both for replying. I have solved the problem now. I was using Dreamweaver to modify the html.pl file but I went to JPDīs site (great, by the way) and found another text editor to use. I saved the file in Unix mode and it seems to have done the trick. Thanks again.