Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Can DBman be used for quizzes and test results?

Quote Reply
Can DBman be used for quizzes and test results?
Hi there, Since I am new I tried to find an answer to this question. I teach Chinese students in Taiwan. I use Hot Potatoes 4.1 to create online activities. Can I save the results from these forms into DBman so that other teachers can view the results? If this is redundant I'm sorry but I need to demo this idea on Monday......

Quote Reply
Re: Can DBman be used for quizzes and test results? In reply to
Simple answer...Yes...

How? With some code hacking of your script that fits into the parameters of DBMAN.

BTW: There is a general discussion forum where questions like this would be a wonderful addition.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
Web: http://www.anthrotech.com/
Quote Reply
I'm sure DBMan would be able to work well for what you want. My concern is the time frame. DBMan is not the sort of script that you can have customized and running in an hour or two, unless you are already familiar with its workings -- and even then it doesn't always run smoothly. A lot will depend on your familiarity with Perl programming and database construction.

If you think you might want to use DBMan, the first thing you should do is download and install the demo on your server. You need to run the demo on your own server first to make sure all of the settings are correct. Once you have the demo working correctly, if you need help, be specific with what you want to do. It saves a lot of time when people ask for help if I don't have to ask a whole series of questions in order to find out what they need.

JPD
Quote Reply
This forum is really great! JPDeni and Antrhorules quickly replied to my query. I really appreciate your replies...
I have found JPDeni Tutorial to be very very well written unlike many "clear as mud" tutorials on the Net!
So thanks very much!

Quote Reply
You're welcome.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I'm glad you found the tutorial to be helpful. I tried to write it while thinking of someone who had no experience. I've found a lot of tutorials to be "clear as mud" as well and I didn't want mine to be that way. Smile

JPD