Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

DBMan, W95, FrontPage2000 Help

Quote Reply
DBMan, W95, FrontPage2000 Help
I'm trying to get DBMan to work on home pc running W95 and FrontPage2000. I've downloaded the current Perl from ActiveState and rummaged through MSDN. Everytime I go to Microsoft and search for PWS (personal web server), I get sent into the ozone. In the online doc for Fp2000, there is a passing mention that PWS somehow tied into FP2000. Exactly how I don't know.

Basically, what happens is a Perl script runs in a MS-Dos window but nothing happens in IE5.5. I've browsed most of the posts but none mention FP2000. I suspect that PWS is not installed and I can't find it to install. Any ideas, I'm all out?

Quote Reply
Re: DBMan, W95, FrontPage2000 Help In reply to
In Reply To:
Basically, what happens is a Perl script runs in a MS-Dos window but nothing happens in IE5.5. I've browsed most of the posts but none mention FP2000. I suspect that PWS is not installed and I can't find it to install. Any ideas, I'm all out?
The problem is that you probably have neglected to "turn-on" the $db_iis variable in the default.cfg, which calls the appropriate headers to use in the scripts.

Make sure it is set to $db_iis = 1;.

Since you can execute the scripts via MS-DOS, it is not an installation problem, but a configuration problem in the script.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Well good news and bad news... I did an "explorer" search and found no "links.cfg" file. I also finally found that I did not have PWS installed. The FP2000 online help is exceedingly poor in this arena. I did a search on my system for PWS.* and found a text file PWS.TXT which told me how to install the basic PWS off of the W95 CD.

It works (both PWS and DBman). Right now I'm too chicken to try to upgrade to newer version of PWS.. Besides I can't find it to download/upgrade.

Thanks for the assistance.

Quote Reply
Sorry...I meant default.cfg.

You should consider using one of the following web servers:

1) Ximati
2) Apache Win32

PWS stands for Personal Web Sucks....

Regards,

Eliot Lee