Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Debugging

Quote Reply
Debugging
I feel I've done everything correctly in the installation of DBMan, but I get this message: DBMan encountered an internal error. Please enable debugging to view.

I got the demo to load just fine, but after my own configuaration it just doesn't work. My question is, which file is the best one to activate debugging one? Does it have to be on all.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jack

Quote Reply
Re: Debugging In reply to
As discussed in many Threads in this forum, to turn OFF the debugging, you need to DE-activate the $db_debug variable in the default.cfg file:

Code:

$db_debug = 1;

SHOULD BE

Code:

$db_debug = 0;

1 = ON, YES
0 = OFF, NO

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Dear Eliot,
Thank you for your help.
I'll let you know the results.
Yours,
Jack

Quote Reply
Hello Jack, since the demo worked for you and the problems cropped up only after you had made changes to the files, I'd suggest using this checklist to make sure each of these items has been addressed properly:

1) If you have added fields to the database, check to make sure each field definition has a comma at the end except the last field which should not have a comma.

2) If fields have been added to the database definitions, make sure the numbering sequence is accurate. The first definition should ne number 0 and the numbering for the other fields should be in direct order, 0, 1, 2 ...

3) If changes have been made to the field names, make sure the appropriate name changes are also made in the html.pl file.

4) Keep in mind, all fields defined in the database definitions must also appear in the html.pl file - Normally, some, any, many of the fields are "hidden" fields in the html.pl file, however, all must be included in some manner.

Hope this helps.

Quote Reply
Karen,
Thank you for your help. I got the form working, but tried to put in another variable and it went bad. I guess the script isn't very forgiving. When we get this thing running I'll send all you helpers a special note. In the meantime, Happy Holidays! - Jack