Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Getting closer, but still not there yet...

Quote Reply
Getting closer, but still not there yet...
Ok, I set the permissions correctly and uploaded everything in the ascii format. According to the earthlink rules, all scripts must be in the "cgi" folder. I changed the default.cfg file to reflect the correct url (cgi instead of cgi-bin) So, I put the dbman folder into the cgi folder. I told earthlink to execute the default.cfg and the auth.pl files.

So, I try to run it, and it still won't work. the url is: http://www.extreme-products.com/cgi/dbman/db.cgi

I'm getting an error message that says that says:

Error Message : Error loading required libraries.
Check that they exist, permissions are set correctly and that they compile.
Reason: (Maybe you didn't strip carriage returns after a network transfer?)

Script location: /www/htdocs/domains/domain1/00289/www.extreme-products.com/webdocs/cgi/dbman/db.cgi

So I double checked the permissions, and they're correct.

Anyone have any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks,

Mike

Quote Reply
Re: Getting closer, but still not there yet... In reply to
Every time I have seen the message Maybe you didn't strip carriage returns after a network transfer? it has been because one or more files were not uploaded in ASCII mode. Your db.cgi script is probably fine, but one of the other files must have been uploaded in binary mode.

JPD
Quote Reply
Used cuteftp... set to only ASCII mode for transfer... uploaded everything again. Thinking maybe my text editor was messing the files up, I got programmers file editor to edit the default.cfg file and uploaded it all again.

I still get the same error.

Was I correct in having Earthlink execute the auth.pl and the default.cfg files?

In the default.cfg file, do I need to alter anything except the part that says: $db_dir_url = "http://server/cgi-bin/dbman"; ?

Thanks,

Mike

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Was I correct in having Earthlink execute the auth.pl and the default.cfg files?
Nope...

Both files should be set to 644 (rw-r--r--).

In Reply To:
In the default.cfg file, do I need to alter anything except the part that says: $db_dir_url = "http://server/cgi-bin/dbman"; ?
Nope...but you do need to make sure that your $db_script_path variable in the db.cgi is set correctly.

In Reply To:
Used cuteftp... set to only ASCII mode for transfer... uploaded everything again. Thinking maybe my text editor was messing the files up, I got programmers file editor to edit the default.cfg file and uploaded it all again.
Could also be related to not unzipping the file correctly before uploading the files in ASCII mode.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
hmm... this is off the earthlink CGI instructions site:

-------------------------------------------------------
After uploading scripts, is there anything else that needs to be done before the scripts can be used?

After the scripts are uploaded, the execute bit must be set before they can be used. Request this by contacting EarthLink Web Support by sending email to: startersite@earthlink.net. Remember, EarthLink does not allow world-writable (777, 766, etc.) files in the cgi directory, neither can script files be set to world-writable (777, 766, etc.).

-------------------------------------------------------

I set the permissions correctly by using CuteFTP, but I don't know if I have to call them to do that "execute bit". If I do have to call them... which files need to be executed?

I unzipped it by using "extract to" with Winzip. Is there a better way of doing it?

Thanks again,

Mike