Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Help? can't modify/delete (sort of)

Quote Reply
Help? can't modify/delete (sort of)
I *know* there must be a simple answer to this, but it's driving me crazy. I have one website with a dbman script working perfectly. I'm trying to set it up on another site, and all works fine, except when I'm logged in as a user (not admin) I can't modify or delete my own record ... it won't even let me FIND a record .. when I go to modify and enter ANY selection criteria, even *, is says no records found! When I do the same thing logged in as admin it finds the records and proceeds normally. The users DO have perms to modify, too, so that's not it. Any ideas???????
Quote Reply
Re: Help? can't modify/delete (sort of) In reply to
There is a setting in the .cfg file that lets you set whether users are allowed to modify only their own records or not; I don't know off-hand what the variable is called, but you should be able to spot it easily. Set this to '0' and see if that does anything.

Georg
Quote Reply
Make sure $auth_modify_own = 0.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Hi,

I know that this is probably sorted out, but I too had a problem where users could not modify their own records (or rather I, acting as different users) could not modify records as that user.

The problem was that my last field:
Userid => [14, 'alpha', -2, 15, 0, '', ''],

had a comma after the "]"!!!

I wasted far too many hours finding THAT problem.

------------------
farlane aka andrew mcfarlane
www.leelanau.com/pages/farlane/