Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

I give up!

Quote Reply
I give up!
I am no way a newbie to CGI, but I am having a hell of time with this one. Can someone do it for me? If so, how much. I am using it for a non-profit childcare provider resource site. I would like visitors to be able to add their activity ideas to the database. Please help.
It currently resides at www.4-childcare.com/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi

Quote Reply
Re: I give up! In reply to
I received a "DBMan encountered an internal error." when attempting to access your scripts. This error on an initial installation is normally caused by:

1) Files being uploaded in BINARY mode - All files need to be uploaded in ASCII text mode. Doublecheck that the files have been properly uploaded.

2) If you've made changes to the fieldname descriptions, doublecheck that the last field name does NOT have a comma following it (each of the other fieldnames should have a trailing comma). Example:
Code:
Userid => [9, 'alpha', -2, 15, 0, '', ''],
Filename => [10,'alpha', 0, 255, 0, '', ''],
Graphic => [11,'alpha',0,255,0,'','Yes']
);
3) Again, if you've made changes to the original files, doublecheck that you also have a field for each fieldname in the sub html_record_form section of your html.pl file.

Hope this helps!

Quote Reply
Thanks! I think my problem is I didn't change html.pl. I guess I will fiddle with it tomorrow since it is getting late...but if that doesn't work...I really give up! *giggle*

Quote Reply
If you run into problems, just post here in the forum. Good luck!

Quote Reply
well I changed the default.cfg file to auto generate the html, but it did not work. I also set up the debugging (set it to 1) and it did not work....I hate when I have been staring at a script for so long that I am seeing double. Someone wanna do this...I know...I'm giving up and being a wimp, but I have 6 others script to do by Saturday...and it will take me longer than that just to do this one. Please help

Quote Reply
Hi,

Do you still need help?

If so email me.

Paul Wilson.
new - http://www.wiredon.net