Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Installing DBMan on Cobalt RaQ?

Quote Reply
Installing DBMan on Cobalt RaQ?
Would love to hear from someone who has successfully installed DBMan on a Cobalt RaQ or Cube. This is a Linux system running cgiwrap and the FrontPage extensions. I have been working with this for days with very little success. My expectation was that I could copy the scripts over, set the permissions and a couple of parms in the .cfg and be off and running. Any help would be appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: Installing DBMan on Cobalt RaQ? In reply to
Shouldn't be a problem. Remember when running under cgiwrap, that permissions will be a little different. i.e. you don't need to set anything as 777 or 666, but rather 700 or 600 will be fine. What sort of errors are you getting?

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Alex,

The page that is displayed in my browser says "Internal Server Error", and I found the following errors in my error log.

[Sun Feb 7 21:02:21 1999] [warn] handler "cgi-wrapper" not found for: /home/sites/biblecourses/cgi-local/dbman/db.cgi
[Sun Feb 7 21:02:22 1999] [error] Premature end of script headers: /usr/cgiwrap/cgiwrap

There is a place in db.cgi that I have set as follows:

# If you run into problems, set $db_script_path to the full path
# to your directory.
$db_script_path = "http://www.biblecourses.com/cgi-local/dbman/";

All of the DBman files are in this directory. Also, the very first line of db.cgi now reads as:

#!/usr/bin/perl

to point to perl (version 5.00404).

The parts of default.cfg that I have changed are:

# URL of the directory dbman resides in. No Trailing Slash Please.
$db_dir_url = "http://www.biblecourses.com/cgi-local/dbman";
# URL of dbman.
$db_script_url = $db_dir_url . "/db.cgi";

Does this help at all? Any ideas?

Thanks TONS (metric)!

Jeff
Quote Reply

Quote:
[Sun Feb 7 21:02:21 1999] [warn] handler "cgi-wrapper" not found for: /home/sites/biblecourses/cgi-local/dbman/db.cgi

This leads me to believe cgi isn't setup properly. Can you get any other cgi scripts to work on the server?

However:

Quote:
$db_script_path = "http://www.biblecourses.com/cgi-local/dbman/";

That's a URL, not a path. Try setting it to:

'/home/sites/biblecourses/cgi-local/dbman'

and see if that works (note no trailing slash as well).

Hope that helps,

Alex
Quote Reply
Alex,

Thanks for getting back with me, but those changes, though they were obviously correct, did not get the script running.

CGIwrap reports that I should check the #! line of the script, but I have it set to:

#!/usr/bin/perl

and if I check the directory, sure enough, the perl executable is in root/usr/bin.

The guy that wrote CGIwrap still works for UMR here in my home town. I have an appointment to meet with him tomorrow evening at 7:30 if I can't fix it by then.

Thanks again for your patience and help. I am sure I'll get there eventually.

Best,

Jeff
Quote Reply
I have never installed DBMAN, but I do have some experience with Cobalt. I have found it almost impossible to ever get a script to work properly. If you still can't get it installed. I would try and contact Cobalt, they were actually very helpful, the last time I set something up for someone.