Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

It works Ok but gives an "Internal server error"..

Quote Reply
It works Ok but gives an "Internal server error"..
Hi:

I am setting a test database and, finally, everything seems to work.However with debugging set to 1 I still receive an internal error (not an internal server error).
The only thing that looks funny (of all the enviromental info) is the PATH:

PATH: /usr/krb5/bin:/usr/krb5/sbin:/root/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/ssl/bin

As I said everything seems to be working...Should I turn off debugging and forget about this?

Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: It works Ok but gives an "Internal server error".. In reply to
Hi patagon, you're seeing the default message which is diplayed when debugging is activated. If you are not having problems with your scripts, it is okay to turn debugging off and the display will go away.

When debugging the scripts for problems another message will be generated in that default display, something along the lines of:

ERROR Could not open whatever file, etc.

The key part is that it will have ERROR in there on a line below the dbman encountered an error default display.

Quote Reply
Thanks Karen, what a fast an easy solution!!! (it was driving me crazy...)
it is somewhat confusing because it actually says "DBMan encountered an internal error"

After that it says:

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : Debug Information
Script Location : /usr/www/users/pat/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00404
Setup File : default.cfg
User ID : admin
Session ID : admin.97285045623888

(and the Environment and Form Variables)

But that's not an actual error, is it? (as I said it seems to be working so far but I am not sure if I tested every possibility, just the demo Database)

Thanks Again

Quote Reply
Change $db_debug = 1; to $db_debug = 0; in the default.cfg file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
ok, thanks...I wanted to be sure that wasn't a mistake before turning it off...

Thanks again
regards

Quote Reply
Hi patagon, I can understand your confusion on the default message. You can give a little run through on an error message to see what the actual error message looks like if you'd like.

Temporarily change one of your fields in html.pl to see how an error displays. Use this snippet for example from your html.pl file:

&build_select_field ("Category", "$rec{'Category'}");

Change to:

&build_select_field ("Category", "$rec{Category}");
removed the ' (single quotes).

Set debug to "on" and try accessing your scripts. You should then be able to see the differences in the message.
Correct your file again and deactivate debugging. You'll be all set in using debug & recognizing the error messages.

Quote Reply
Actually...anytime you hack the scripts (add modifications, change values in the default.cfg, etc.), you should set $db_debug = 1;.

BTW: 1 = ON, 0 = OFF

If you didn't know.

Regards,

Eliot Lee