Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

More user info

Quote Reply
More user info
I whan that the user will need to write some more info when then signup like email,name etc. And then I whan too use it as hidden filds when they add something on the database.
Does I need two databases for that or can I store the extra info in the pass file? and if I do so how can a read the info there later?
Quote Reply
Re: More user info In reply to
hi guzZz...
IŽm still workinŽon figuring out, what I can do with that skript and not REALY able do write any perl script (just trying to configure it the way I need it so, maybe, i`m not quite right or anybody else can give better infos on your request.

as far as i noticed by now, you can ask you "user" for as many infos as you like and all that stuff will be written down in the database, just the way you built it up.

now, what you want other users to be seen is just a question of how you set up the different html.pl sections, reffering to the written down informations (by the "new" user") inside the add_form.

it took me a while to learn, that it is much easier to overthink the html.pl sections than to think about what perl is/does.

greetings
blue skies
zappa
zappa@skydiver.de
http://skydiver.de