Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Script run errors in db.cgi

Quote Reply
Script run errors in db.cgi
I just started installing the DBman and I've hit my first snag. When I ran a script checker (server based) on the script (db.cgi) it came up with the following details:

perl syntax
Can't locate Time/Local.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/i686-linux/5.00404 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at db.cgi line 1071.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at db.cgi line 1071.

Anybody seen this before? Any solution would be appreciated,
Thanks in advance,

Mikey

Quote Reply
Re: Script run errors in db.cgi In reply to
You wrote:

Can't locate Time/Local.pm..

It seems that a perl module is not installed on the webserver you are running dbman on.

Ask the server's supervisor for help, esp. installing the module.

Hope this helps.

Volkmar

Quote Reply
Thanks Volkmar. It appears you are indeed correct. My server admits the module is not installed and asks me to pay for it. I guess I'll have to do that...though I don't understand how no-one else on the forum seems to find it lacking on their own servers!
Can I do without it perchance? Is it really necessary? Can the script work woithout it?

Quote Reply
Perl Documentation says:
"...These routines are the inverse of built-in perl fuctions localtime() and gmtime(). ..."

So time/local is not installed by default. On my server it is. If possible you should change your ISP.

If dbman require this module I fear there is no way to avoid it.

Greetings,
Volkmar

Quote Reply
Hi again guys, been away, back now, and my ISP has installed Local Time (for free...hurray!).
Only snag is, it's not being found by DBman, so I think the location is incorrect.
Sorry if this is a stoopid question (I suspect so) but where is the required location of the module within the script. Should I move the module there (can I?) or is there someplace in the script where I can point to the present location?

Quote Reply
Found out why it couldn't 'find' Local Time...having installed that Perl module for me they forgot to set the modules permission. And I thought I was the dork.

So got the logon page up finally. Attepted logon. No joy. Grrr.
Made the mods suggested in the JP Deni site to cure this, got onto the Main Menu page, but I get an error when I hit the admin link!

We struggle on.

Suggestions anyone?