Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

When displaying a record, the background is the default grey

Quote Reply
When displaying a record, the background is the default grey
I use html.pl extensively, and my database looks great until you look at 1 record by itself. It just shows the table with the default grey background. Yuk!

In sub html_record there is no page properties, it just contains the table info. Does anyone know what it would require to get a single record to have the proper page headers ?
Quote Reply
Re: When displaying a record, the background is the default grey In reply to
Each of the html subroutines has a <body tag that gives the background color of the page. You can change that or you can change the background color of the table in html_record -- <table bgcolor=

------------------
JPD
Quote Reply
Ooops, what I meant was.. the background of the page. The table color is yellow, which is fine.

But the
<body background="background.gif" bgcolor="#008080"> stuff is not part of sub html_record , therefore when you view 1 record, it shows the default grey page background.

I guess that I am worried that if I stick <body background="background.gif" bgcolor="#008080"> at the top of the sub html_record, will that be doubling up the body tags due to other sub routines? Or is sub html_record strictly for printing out a single record?
Quote Reply
Each of the page subroutines has a <body tag in it that you'll need to change to what you want the page to look like. ("Page subroutines" being things like html_add_form, html_view_success, etc.) Make the changes in the body tags there.

If you want to use a background image on your pages, make sure you use the complete URL to the image, including "http://".

------------------
JPD
Quote Reply
Quick Tip:

Search for "#DDDDDD" to find all the occurances of the grey background in the entire file!
Quote Reply
Thanks guys, I found the missing body headers.

It was due to the fact that I had installed the long/short view for records, and there was missing body headers. All set now thanks !