Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

auth_cleanup error

Quote Reply
auth_cleanup error
I am trying to install DBMan on my network server & when I run the db script I get the following error: unable to open directory in auth_cleanup: g:/test/database.jaz/cgi-bin/auth.pl. Reason: Bad file descriptor.
If I set the "no authentication" to off in the default.cfg, the script runs perfectly. I am a bit lost with this so any help will be much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: auth_cleanup error In reply to
Do you by chance have .htaccess running in your DBMAN directory? If so, delete the .htaccess and .htpasswd files, and then turn ON the authentication variable in the default.cfg file.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thanks for the reply Elliot.
I am running this script on NT IIS 4.0 & as far as I am aware, NT does not run the .htaccess & there is no related files in the directory.
I have looked at server/directory permissions & they are all setup for anonymous access.
With the Auth switched off & using the database. I can add, modify, delete entries without any problems whatsoever.
I was wondering in which directory or file are the temp expired user details held in?
I even created another virtual server & loaded the same scripts in that one & it has the same error.
I really like this script & it would be wonderful to get it functioning correctly.

Quote Reply
The session files are built into the auth directory.

Make sure that this directory is set to the following:

IUSER/MACHINENAME: Read, Write, Execute
IWAM/MACHINENAME: Read, Write, Execute
Everyone: Read, Write, Execute

Try searching this forum for more information on NT and DBMAN....I have posted codes many times dealing with appropriate directory and file permissions for NT in this forum...And one of my pet peaves is...repeating myself.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thankyou for your help Eliot. Although I tried your advice & changed the permissions to what you said & it made no difference to the errors. I finally deleted all the files & folders & then downloaded the tar.gz copy of dbman & installed that copy. Now it works perfectly. There is an error in the original db.cgi file that I had installed that was causing the fault. Thanks again for your help.

Regards, Jasmine
Quote Reply
Glad you figured it out.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------