Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Change URL link in Admin Category Browser for internal links

Quote Reply
Change URL link in Admin Category Browser for internal links
I'm running a site that has no external links. All the data in the URL fields link to a Detailed page. As Links isn't really designed to work this way it causes a problem in Admin > Category Browser.

I would like to change the link in the Category Browser to go to the Detailed page but it currently works like this:

I add a new link (for example Title: Nokia URL: N95) and then when a user clicks on N95 it goes to /Detailed/N95.html which is OK.

In the Admin Category Browser the link goes to /admin/N95 which obviously returns a 404 error.

Can anyone tell me what I need to alter to make the Admin > Category Browser link go to /Detailed/N95.html

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Change URL link in Admin Category Browser for internal links In reply to
Hi,

I'm assuming you mean the "Browse" function in the admin area?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Change URL link in Admin Category Browser for internal links In reply to
Yes, I've found it now. I was looking at .pm files when I should have been looking at templates. Blush

/admin/templates/browser/browser_link_list.html - Line 6
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Change URL link in Admin Category Browser for internal links In reply to
Hi,

Just did a bit of checking, and it looks like the template you want is /admin/templates/browser/browser_link_list.html

Find:

Code:
<font face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica" size="2"><a href="<%escape_html URL%>" target="_blank"><%escape_html URL%></a></font>

..and change to something like:

Code:
<font face="Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica" size="2"><a href="<%config.build_root_url%>/Detailed/<%URL%>.html" target="_blank"><%config.build_root_url%>/Detailed/<%URL%>.html</a></font>

Hopefully thats what you are after =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
haha you just beat me to it =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk