Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
OS Platform
I'm running FreeBSD 4.8 Is Links v2.0 compatible with that?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [bestec] OS Platform In reply to
Yes, Links 2.0 can work with many different types of Unix servers, including FreeBSD.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] OS Platform In reply to
I have the Links installed now and even added one category and one link. Now, when I go back to view the link, I get these continuous errors about file permissions. I have done the chmod thing till I'm blue in the face. I've read the docs, I've gone through tons of messages here, Is there a breakdown somewhere that lists chmod settings by file groups or such. It's a pain on this trial and error fix.

I printed out the readme and it says to set all cgi files to 755 and etc. I have done just that but to no avail. My client would really like to use this package, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks much!
Quote Reply
As a general rule;

Folders to 777 (unless your server spews up errors with that CHMOD)
*.db files to 666
*.cgi files to 755
anything else, to 666.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] OS Platform In reply to
Andy,

Thanks for the info. It's up and running now. All we need to do is the cosmetic stuff and everything will be fine. Will be in touch probably in the next few weeks to purchase a license for my client.

I appreciate your support and the product.
Quote Reply
>>>Thanks for the info.<<<

No problem.

>>>...and the product. <<<

Its not my product :p I only install and re-sell it Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!