Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Error when logging in..

Quote Reply
Error when logging in..
for some reason, on the login screen everything is white...lots of pictures not showing up properly...Also once i am logged in as a user, the same thing happens.. no pictures load properly, no icons load at all...none of the command lines show...seems like major error somewhere.. Should i reinstall...also would that mess any of the settings up as is? What should i do :(
Quote Reply
Re: [ewerld] Error when logging in.. In reply to
Hi ewerld,

It sounds like your images are inside the cgi-bin. Do a search in this forum for images and cgi-bin, that's a very common problem.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Error when logging in.. In reply to
I dont use a cgi-bin. My server is setup where everything is CGI. It is weird...but it has worked for me.

Dont think what you think is the problem? dont see how!

Steve.
Quote Reply
Check your error and access log right after you run Fileman. If that doesn't give you a hint, post a portion of the log here so I can look at it. There might just be a path and/or url problem. Do you have the little red x's marking the broken images? Try right clicking on one of those and checking the properties.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Shoot, i found out what the problem is, yet, i didnt figure out how to solve this problem. For my server, I use an Ip address rather then a domain name. So my Url's look as follows: http://111.11.111.111/fileman etc... The ip address I had when i installed it had to be changed just the otherday. This i think is the problem. When i went to the properties of the icon's that werent displaying, it showed the old ip address in the "location". How do i go about chaning all the locations for all those files to the new IP address?
Quote Reply
Look for the ConfigData.pm file. That's where you want to make the changes.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Hey Charlie...

thanks a bunch... I logged in a the admin user and i went to Paths and URL's and sure enough i was able to edit the path to the images etc...

Thanks again bud. Really appriciated.

Steve.