Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Question about Fileman Security

Quote Reply
Question about Fileman Security
Hi,
I'm fairly new to this scripting thing so I'm probably doing something simple wrong. I'm running Fileman and it works perfectly. I want a picture gallery script to retrieve the images from a directory with in the root of fileman. But when I run the picture gallery script it gives me a server 500 error. If I run the script outside the fileman directory it works fine. Is this a security feature of fileman to not allow access to files in it's root, and if so is there a fix. I figured it would be cool to be able to upload my images from any computer and have my picture galley convert to an indexed page.

Thanks
hapirott@accesswave.ca
Quote Reply
Re: [Hapirott] Question about Fileman Security In reply to
Hi Hapirott,

Without looking at your error message from your logs, there isn't much we can do to help. Fileman wouldn't block something like that.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Hapirott] Question about Fileman Security In reply to
Hello,

I can't speak specifically about your problem, but I have had similar issues related to the Apache Web Server configuration file set-up. Apache needs to have an entry specifically for the directory that you are posting your pictures to. You would have to enable the specific parameters of the Apache configuration file to enable the viewing of the pictures, the same way you would enable the viewing of an html file.

Hope this helps,

Bill